Connected Vehicle as a Service - Privacy Statement
CVaaS is a B2B connected vehicle platform, used by vehicle manufacturers.
We take our obligations as a Data Processor under GDPR seriously, but if you would like to talk to us generally about data privacy, please email email@example.com.
Mobile Apps - iOS and Android
At Beam we use Google Play and Apple TestFlight to privately distribute and test our mobile apps.
Permissions requested on the device:
- 📍 Location
We collect the following data:
- 🔒 Location data - To provide maps and calculate your nearest EV charging location
- 🔒 Device data such as device id, handset and OS version - To understand user experience and app performance to improve the app.
- 🔒 Crash data - To diagnose user issues and improve the app.
Third party Data Processors
The CVaaS platform is built on AWS, but we do leverage some other third party services that will process your data.
- ☁️ Amazon Web Services - providing user authentication services and hosting for the CVaaS cloud databases
- ☁️ Google Firebase - Crash reports and app telemetry
- ☁️ Stripe - Payments for EV charging
If you would like us to close your account and delete your user data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To maximise data privacy of our CVaaS cloud platform, we commit to:
- 🔒 Deploy an isolated cloud platform per customer.
- 🔒 Deploy in an EU region, unless specifically requested we use Dublin (EU-WEST-1).
- 🔒 Only collect data as identified by our CVaaS customer use cases - this collection is controlled through granular policy on a per vehicle basis.
- 🔒 Follow industry best practices for data collection and storage, such as encryption at rest and audited, least privilege access.
- 🔒 Conduct AWS Well Architected reviews to ensure we consider all aspects of security and privacy.
- 🔒 Work with customers to perform a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) in line with your own corporate processes.
- 🔒 Welcome scrutiny from customer privacy and security teams.
We welcome anyone to disclose any security issues they perceive. Please email us at email@example.com.
We aim to get back to you within 48 hours and resolve any identified issues within 90 days.
Back to Home