|📅 Start date||Immediate|
|📍 Location||Remote, attend company meetings in Cheltenham / Bristol region up to 2x per month.
Frequent customer visits within UK; occasional visits outside of UK.
|⏲ Term||Full time, Permanent|
|👛 Salary||Competitive: Base + commission + equity + benefits|
|📧 Contact||Email email@example.com|
About Beam Connectivity
Pioneers in better Connected Vehicles: Beam Connectivity are a startup in the connected vehicle space. We work with established and up-and-coming vehicle manufacturers to deliver best-in-class connected vehicle experiences.
Founded in January 2020, we have built a superb engineering team and deployed our connected vehicle platform to several customers. Strengthened by a recent strategic investment from WAE, we are now seeking a Sales Director to support the next phase of our growth.
Join us at Beam – you will be setting up a commercial function and play the lead role in steering this. This is an opportunity to build a sales function alongside a great engineering team which is already receiving accolades from its customers.
Improving the world of connected vehicles
The experience that users get with today’s connected vehicle solutions is typically poor - painfully slow, clunky, and often insecure. We believe that part of the reason for this is the way those solutions are delivered - outsourced to numerous companies, none of which have a deep understanding, nor the responsibility for the end-to-end system.
Delivering a robust connected vehicle solution requires a wide variety of skills and experience. At Beam, we are a truly multi-disciplinary team, covering all the skills required to deliver a first class connected experience. Our flagship product is the Connected Vehicle as a Service platform, or CVaaS. This platform includes: electronics hardware which is deployed in a vehicle, embedded software, cloud services and mobile applications. We underpin this with innovations in cyber security and improving system performance.
We do all this under one roof, providing our customers with a best-in-class system and a single point of accountability.
Building a commercial team to support our world class development team
We have launched the Connected Vehicle as a Service (CVaaS) platform and deployed it to several lead customers.
We are now building a commercial function within Beam Connectivity to accelerate the roll out of this platform. Our ambition is to win deployments into vehicle programmes providing our customers with a leading connected vehicle solution.
Learn more about us: https://beamconnectivity.com
As Sales Director you will take the lead role in developing the Sales and Commercial activities at Beam Connectivity as we enter the next phase of our growth. You will be responsible for defining the commercial strategy,winning customer deployments of our connected vehicle system, and eventually building a team to support you with these.
Your primary focus will be to bring new customers onto our Connected Vehicle as a Service platform, enabling them to benefit from a range of connected vehicle use cases. You will need to work with the Beam Connectivity team to build the commercial strategy for our services and products.
We are looking for someone who can understand Beam Connectivity’s innovations, how these can be deployed to vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain, and who would like to play a leading role in our journey. This is a great opportunity to form the direction of commercial activities, as well as Beam Connectivity in general. In return, we offer the opportunity to build your own career within an innovative organisation which already has a superb engineering team.
You should have deep insight into the business models of vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain and understand how connected vehicle services and software in general is impacting vehicle sectors. You will have long term experience in the industry being a respected voice and having shown leadership in building sales and revenue in the past.
- Accountable for overall sales and revenue at Beam Connectivity
- Work with vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain to win deployment opportunities for our Connected Vehicle as a Service platform
- Work with OEMs and Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers to create partnerships for connected vehicle innovation and development projects
- Own the sales funnel and report on progress of opportunities progressing through it. Convert prospects to demonstrators / proof-of-concept projects and design wins
- Establish commercial processes and metrics for commercial success
- Develop commercial propositions including revenue models for our services and products
- Commercial responsibility within the Beam Connectivity leadership team
- Build sales team to support growth ambitions
- Experience as Head of Sales or a similar role in vehicle sectors with an emphasis on electronic systems and data services
- Proven ability of sales success, generating revenue, and meeting targets in a highly technical enterprise
- Ability to identify and develop commercial propositions including subscription based revenue models
- Ability to understand and articulate highly technical products and services to customers
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading commercial strategies
- Deep understanding of vehicle manufacturers and their supply chains
- Interpersonal skills; voice of commercial in Beam Connectivity, an engineering focussed company
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills allowing capable articulation of company proposition
- Strong presentation skills to audiences of all sizes and levels internally and externally
- Direct experience in either: telematics, connected vehicles, IoT or vehicle software and electronics will be advantageous.
- A background in SaaS enterprise level technology sales is highly desirable
- Experience of working in a venture backed start-up environment
Get in touch
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more or apply for the role.
Back to Home